Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

Aug 30, 2008

15 hours and we are in Korea! G&R set for LABOR DAY!!!

Jason & I left Atlanta and flew Korean Air to Korea! 15 hours later we are anxiously awaiting our flight to Hanoi. That is only 4 1/2 more hours in the air! That's a piece of cake! I have to tell you I LOVE KOREAN AIR! My goodness they feed you like a Queen...US Airways needs to take some lessons! They bring you hot towels, a personal kit with a toothbrush, socks and night blinders. They also shut all window shades and turn the lights out to help you get on "Korean time" which is one hour behind Hanoi time! By the way, Vietnam is exactly 12 hours ahead of eastern standard time. GOSH, I am going to miss the ASU/ LSU game...GO APP STATE. Hunter, you watch it for me and tell me all about it!

The Korean Air crew dresses in "Tiffany" blue and they look beautiful! They bow to you and they are SO friendly! Normally, I am afraid to fly...not today! I was so excited that I cheered when the plane took off! Jason & I stayed with Caitlin-Brooke in Atlanta and that was a nice treat! I can't believe she is 15! They grow up so fast...never miss a moment...which brings me to GOOD NEWS! Originally, we were told our Giving & Receiving Ceremony was scheduled for Sept.3rd. I received an email from our AWESOME coordinator at CAS, Allie...she reported MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st! That's Labor Day in America...and Halle-Grace day for us! I can hardly contain myself! Jason & I will have to catch up on our sleep and get ready for our precious Halle-Grace! You can see her in the video in the posts below! She is just simply adorable! We are praying about meeting our daughter, we are MORE than ready. I hope God prepares her little heart for all the love!!!
We will be off to Hanoi soon. When we step on Vietnamese soil, we are standing in Halle-Grace's birth country...how cool is that going to be. I will probably cry...Suzie is crying just reading this (I know my sister)!! AND I love her so much!

Oh...Jason was sleeping but woke up to call his mom to make sure Gabby is getting her Atopica! He is going to spend a million dollars calling at 6 & 7 (am & pm) making sure Gabby is getting her meds!

Talk to you all from HANOI, VIETNAM!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL..HALLE-GRACE PHOTOS COMING SOON

7 comments:

The Baxter Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How exciting!!!!

Carl and Stephanie said...

It won't be long now!

Suzanne said...

I am typing through the tears (with Hannah hugging me). Hunter and Hannah think their moma is a cry baby, but I can't help it. Just thinking about the first time you hold Halle-Grace - words can not describe!! I love you and Jason and will continue to pray for you both. Hunter will give you a report on the ASU game.

Gabrielle's Adoption said...

We are so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of you holding Halle-Grace in your arms!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news. I am trying to keep up with the time, and I can't stay off the computer. God is so Good. Hannah was so excited on the phone, she was telling me everything. I can't wait until you have her in your arms. I can't wait until I get there so I can hold her. I have already told Hannah I would kiss her for her. You two are going to be wonderful parents. Jason, Gabby is going to be fine, Judy is making sure of that. Don't worry about Gabby. I Love You both and be careful stay safe. I Love You, Moma

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

Woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo

My Stehlar journey said...

How do I type with all of these tears Shannon? I could just feel emotion and excitement radiating in this latest message. What you wrote about your take off and how you were cheering - It gave me goose bumps. God Bless you and Jason and this amazing, life changing journey. You are all fighters! Can't wait to see a picture of you holding Halle-Grace in your arms. Love you guys! God Bless ~Jen & Doug