Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

Aug 30, 2008

Photos of Day 1: Hanoi

Photos...Hanoi from our hotel room, Jason carrying bags, power line nightmare, the streets of Hanoi, the outside of our hotel....




It's a rainy day! We went to breakfast downstairs in the hotel and it was really good. Omelet station, pancakes, and some awesome passion fruit juice. We met a couple in the restaurant, another CAS family who adopted an adorable baby boy from Da Nang province. They are waiting on his US visa. We told them we were one of the TQ families with RFE and their response "You guys are brave"!
We made our way to the Hanoi Star Supermarket and bought water, formula, clothes detergent, dish detergent, peanut butter & jelly/bread...we also have tons of snacks in the room.
I have attached photos of "Hanoi city sights". Lots of motor bikes, and the power lines. WOW!!! No wonder they have frequent power outages in this city!!!
Jason talked to Ninh and he is picking us up in the morning at 6:30am for the trip to Tuyen Quang to officially adopt Halle-Grace. Tuesday is a holiday here so we will get her Vietnamese Visa on Wed. and find a "home away from home" a realtor is picking us up to find an apartment (I'll do good Mer)
Tomorrow, I will post photos as soon as I can and video, etc. I am so excited I can barely stand it. The trip to Tuyen Quang is an ALL DAY TRIP. 4 hours there...G&R...kiss all of the babies and the nannies....Ninh getting affidavits signed (YEAH!!!!! all the CAS families and hens will scream when they read this)....taking lots of photos....then 4 hours back and sleep all night with Halle-Grace (I will stare at her all night)! God is GOOD!

Love you all!

Shannon & Jason (soon...Halle-Grace too)!
Gotta run...I have to pack her diaper bag and get all set for tomorrow!
PLEASE keep our family in your prayers!

6 comments:

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

Edge of my seat.

Sending your family lots of love.

Mer and Tim

Suzanne said...

Thank goodness you are there and safe. It is 11:00pm here and we just got home from the football game. Hunter wanted to tell you about the ASU game, but I just read that you already know. Hunter's team won 14 to 8 and he got to play several times. He was sooo excited. Hannah's team lost. She is such a cheerleader. She has no clue about the game. Hopefully we will can straighten her out. During the third quarter she was asking "When is helf-time?" It was very hot!! Hannah picked out a surprise for Halle-Grace today. Nanny is going to bring it to her when she comes to Vietnam. She also has something for Halle-Grace when we see you at the airport. We are praying that is SOON!! WE LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Get plenty of rest and I can wait for the pictures of that precious baby. I have already gone to bed and got up to see if you had posted anything. Gene told me to just sleep with the computer beside me. I love you,
God is Good. Moma

My Stehlar journey said...

We are so blessed to follow along on this journey with the two of you(soon 3). Just amazing. I can NOT wait to see pictures of you as a family!!!! How are you going to sleep tonight?? God Bless, Stay safe and don't get in anymore taxi's that don't say "taxi"...LOL.. Much Love, Jen & Doug

BTW, I showed doug the pics of halle-grace sleeping with the others and he said he just wants to pick them all up and take them home!

Gabrielle's Adoption said...

I'm sending you lots of hugs, prayers, an warm wishes today!!!! It's perfect to get Halle-Grace on labor day because you've had one long labor with the situation in TQ. Congratulations.

Heidi

Carl and Stephanie said...

You are in our thoughts. Have a great day meeting your little girl! I can't wait to see her in your arms at last.