Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

May 19, 2010

Determination...What it takes to be an Elephant Mom

Thanks to "Best Ever You" Magazine, I had the opportunity to team up with another "elephant mom" aka Katie Eastman who lives in Maine and write about our journeys to our beautiful daughters. Katie and I had so much fun getting to know one another and sharing our stories. I found out very quickly that it is STILL very therapeutic to share about the the "journey" with others who have traveled a similar one.

To experience "the wait" alone would be devastating! I am so blessed that I found my adoption support group! If you're a frequent reader of this blog, you probably remember "The Hot Hens". I thank God for my Hens! I miss them all (hey hens, are we going to Sesame Place anytime soon? Disney will work too.....)

So, here's a link to our story, I hope you enjoy! http://www.besteveryou.com/bey/cali-halle-grace/

2 comments:

Kris Ann said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!

And we do need another gathering! We should come south this time since you came north last time!

traci zeller designs said...

Shannon, your story is so beautiful and you told it so eloquently! It is absolutely her heart in your chest!

One of my favorite quotes is actually something to the effect of "being a mom is making the decision to forever have your heart walking around outside your body." That's totally how I feel! My heart is walking around in my little buddies.