Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

Sep 9, 2008

Shopping for Halle-Grace so she'll always remember her birth country!



One of my friends, Sherri, who adopted precious Kaitlyn from Vietnam in early 2007 gave us the coolest idea...while she was in Vietnam she boughts gifts for Kaitlyn that she gives to her on her birthday each year as a reminder of where she was born! I loved this idea so tonight we went downtown and did some shopping. Some of the items Halle-Grace will not get until she is much older (like a tea set...I want one for myself)! Other items include a jewelry box and so on! I may give her the gifts on her adoption day (Sept. 1st) each year as her birthday is in November. Just not sure...we have time to figure that one out. Jason is sleeping with the princess so his blogging will come later. Tomorrow night, we pick up nanny at the airport! We are excited to see her and I am sure she is somewhere on THAT LONG FLIGHT to Vietnam from Atlanta!

OH, we didn't make it to KFC...we ate at an excellent Italian Restaurant and it was SO YUMMY!!! Oh, I miss the food back home!

I have attached a photo of mom & Halle-Grace and one of her in her Vietnamese hat! She's funny! Daddy is getting sad!!! Pray for Jason. Boarding that plane on Friday is working on him. If Gabby were not at home waiting, we may have HUGE problems. We just pray that we will all be united again SOON at home in NC!

Good Night from Vietnam!

5 comments:

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

Oh, my! WOW. GREAT PICS I CAN NOT WAIT TO BE THERRE

Alix said...

See, hats are seriously underutilized in fashion today. You both look fabulous!!!!

Hopefully things will move smoothly from here on in and all the Devines will be together. :)

Love the idea of the presents from Vietnam for each b-day. I'll have to remember that. Although I don't think Matthew will want a tea set - oh well, Mommy will have to buy it for herself. :) :)

Suzanne said...

We love the picture of you and Halle-Grace! Tell Jason the picture of him reading to Halle-Grace is the sweetest thing! I talked to Nanny this morning before she left Atlanta. Sha said they took her hair spray! She won't need it. She will be too busy spoiling Halle-Grace to worry about her hair. Tell Jason we will be praying for him and for you and Halle-Grace!
WE LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Shannon,

That picture of the two of you is so precious!! I'm so glad that we finally get to see the two of you together.

Wanted to tell you that I actually give Kaitlyn her family day gifts on her adoption day instead of her birthday. I love the hat!! Too cute! I'm loving the updates. It's bringing back so many memories. Can't wait to hear and see more.

Sherry :)

granny said...

Jason, Shannon and Halle-Grace
You guys are just tooo good looking. I love the little hat. I told Jason last nite, there is one of me in our church directory wearing one of them at Bible School, I'll have to show Halle-Grace.

I know you are getting excited about your mom coming, but at the same time being saddened by Jason having to come home tho. But it is not going to be long at all before you all will be back home, and I just can not wait to PLAY and LOVE on Halle-Grace. You better tell her all about me, so I will not scare her.
When your mom gets there, have her a make a photo of all three of you together, that will be an awesome photo. Be sure to put it on the blog.
Love you all, and waiting patiently at home for your return.
Granny (Judy Devine)