Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

Sep 28, 2008

Downtown Hanoi...I bet I will be back in a year or 2?

The trip downtown was normal *if there is such a thing as normal in Hanoi* 1000s of motor bikes and horns every second. We have all adoption day gifts covered and found a great price on a stroller (since our first lay-over is close to 5 hours) it will come in handy. It is bright GREEN and says HONG baby on it I think. LOL!

Nanny, Halle-Grace and I had a relaxing snack at Highland's Coffee *one of Jason's favorite spots in Hanoi* and Little Miss Magic was entertaining everyone...here are a few pics.




Jason called me with an update on Gabby and she is doing well. She has used the potty and has eaten some baby food and even a little bite of chicken for Jason. The doctors are very pleased with her progress. Jason sent me this picture of her and he said she looks GREAT compared to how she looked prior to the surgery POOR BABY!!!

So, it looks like Gabby has already decided to be a lamp for Halloween! Pray this baby gets well real soon!!! Granny visited with Gabby and Jason said she wagged her tail off! Gabby LOVES Granny and the staff at CVS...I think they are pretty fond of her as well. I continue to pray that she gets well and is back home soon (as soon as she is strong enough and ready for WILD WOMAN)! Nanny found Halle-Grace's Halloween costume today and it is PERFECT for the STINKER!

SO, tomorrow we head to the Embassy!!! I am not nervous. Hopefully they will be able to process Halle-Grace's US Visa and we will be on our 11:30 flight tomorrow night. I have just about completed all packing. It is hard to believe I have lived in Hanoi, Vietnam for a month! Let's hope adoptions re-open in the near future.

Thanks and Good Night from Vietnam!

Shannon

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Halle Grace is a little angel for sure! God is good!!

Candi said...

I am continuously praying for your family! I hope all goes well tomorrow. That is wonderful news that Gabby is still improving! It's tough not being there on the weekends to get updates on her like I can during the week. I'll be sure to give her lots of hugs and kisses when I get to work in the morning. Cant wait to see how everything turns out tomorrow with Halle Grace! I cant wait to meet her!

Suzanne said...

Hannah is happy that Halle-Grace's Halloween costume is taken care of. The pictures show off her amazing personality that we can't wait to be around. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

Shriver Family Blessings! said...

Jason and Shannon,

The picture of Gabby just broke my heart. However, I remind myself all the wires, bandages, etc. are there to make her feel better. She is such a cutie and such a sweet girl. I just want to hug her!!!! I can't wait for Gabby to meet Halle-Grace. Oh my goodness they are going to have a blast together. I wonder if Halle-Grace is going to enjoy chasing the Laser Light b/c my twins think our laser pointer is magical. Now I want to be one of the first to get a video of Gabby and Halle-Grace chasing the pointer (LOL). We are counting down the hours until the beautiful Halle-Grace arrives. Thank you again for sharing your journey with all of us.

Shriver Family Blessings! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shriver Family Blessings! said...

I had to delete my last comment b/c I got the initials wrong and said HBSC when I think it's HSBC. I saw this in the picture of downtown and thought that was a bank in The States? Do they also have them in Hanoi? I also saw a KFC. You know a Southern Girl can spot a fried chicken establishment in any picture.