Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption

Sep 21, 2008

The 10 month old scene

Still praying we will hear something this week from USCIS! Meanwhile, we are having a good time in Halle-Grace's birth country. Nanny, Halle-Grace and I went downtown and it was the funniest sight! All of the street vendors were like bees on honey with nanny! They must smell the "I like to shop" coming out of her pores! They were ALL over her. Halle-Grace was in the Baby BJourn and I finally just walked off and left nanny! I told her you have to say, "no thank you" and keep walking. When she saw that I was leaving her, I heard her say "I DON'T EVEN SMOKE"...I turned around and there were literally 2-3 men standing all around her with lighters trying to sell her one!!! It was really hysterical!

Halle-Grace is a mess! She is a complete show off...even grunts at people to get their attention, especially in the restaurant! She knows they will come and carry her around. I have no idea what we will do when we return home! Wait staff in America usually don't carry children around and entertain them while their parents eat.

Lulu is feeling so much better! Thank the good Lord! Nanny read to the girls last night (photos below) and they still enjoy riding in their walkers...aka...."trick my truck". Here's the story...Halle-Grace had a cut on her finger and I thought it looked like a deep paper cut then I discovered her walker was cracked!!! Luckily, with the help of DUCK TAPE we repaired it! Now it looks NICE with silver reflectors! I told Jason we "pimped her ride" and he said, "No, you tricked her truck" that is a show on TV? I have personally never watched it but her walker is back in working condition! Duck tape has many purposes in Vietnam. The power outlets are very different and you can't buy the little plug ins that we use in America SO, duct tape works well! Sounds a little "red-neck" but when you are raising a child in a foreign country it is simply "pratical". You do what you have to do!

Other things Halle-Grace is doing at 10 months:
* LOVES MUSIC...any kind and dances when she hears it
* Claps her hands a lot
* Says Ma Ma, Da Da, Ba Ba (for bottle)
* Waves bye
* Grunts at the wait staff
* Absolutely LOVES to take a bath and dry her hair (what little bit she has. They shaved her head 2X at the orphanage so it is growing again)
* Loves the computer and know Daddy or Hannah & Hunter are going to show up daily
* Loves to hear her own voice!
* Blows bubbles
* Fights Sleep
* Teething
* Speeds around in her "Trick my Truck" crashing into anything
* Blows kisses
* copies just about anything we do
* AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is simply amazing and LITTLE MISS MAGIC for sure!

FISH LIPS

CEREAL FACE

TEETHING!!!

NANNY READS TO HALLE-GRACE AND LULU

HEY, LOOK UP HERE AT THE BOOKS (so mama can take a photo)


"I PROMISE I AM NOT SLEEPY"

10 comments:

Alix said...

How adorable!! I love the pics of Halle-Grace, Lulu and Nanny!

BTW, when you or Mer have a chance, can you tell us what size Halle-Grace and Lulu are wearing? I have clothes for Matthew in 4 different sizes, lol, and I don't know what to bring for him. He'll be 10 months on October 3rd.

Hope you get your approval this week!!!!!

Alix said...

How adorable!! I love the pics of Halle-Grace, Lulu and Nanny!

BTW, when you or Mer have a chance, can you tell us what size Halle-Grace and Lulu are wearing? I have clothes for Matthew in 4 different sizes, lol, and I don't know what to bring for him. He'll be 10 months on October 3rd.

Hope you get your approval this week!!!!!

granny said...

It is just so amazing to see how Halle-Grace is growing and how happy she is. Can not wait for you all to get home. I have dibs on first baby sitting job(sorry Candi). When you all get home, you and Jason definitely need a nite on the town, and Dale and me can stay home with Halle-Grace and Gabby.
Springer Babies are here, Will weighed in at 6.4, and Ruby at 5.13.
All are doing well.
Our family just keeps growing!!!!!!!
Blessings
Grannyh

tiny said...

Jason & Shannon-
Thanks for keeping the blog updated we love seeing the pictures. Thanks for the update at church yesterday Jason, it was wonderful to watch as the deacons prayed over you and the situation. Brian and I continue to pray for you, Shannon, and Halle Grace.
Brian & Katie Harris

Shannon Devine "Miss Magic's mommy" said...

Hey Kris Ann,

Halle-Grace is a PEANUT! She is wearing 3 months in clothing...if it's a sleeper with feet, 6 months for the length. She was 10 months on the 19th. I think Mer would agree with this comment...try to follow the latest update from TQ on Matthew's sizing. I didn't think Halle-Grace would be as small as they said she was, but she is TINY! OH, I PRAY we ALL get approvals this week!! It is TIME!!!
We miss you HEN!

Shannon Devine "Miss Magic's mommy" said...

Granny,
We tried calling you but you were not home. Are you not SO excited that Ruby & Will are here. Tell Deedie & Preston I CAN'T wait to meet the twins! You & Kay Kay can fight on the baby-sitting! Miss Magic will cast a spell on you! Watch out! We love you and THANK you so much for taking care of Gabby when Jason was in Vietnam with us! She looks so good! Halle-Grace LOVES seeing her on the webcam:)

Shannon Devine "Miss Magic's mommy" said...

Thanks Brian & Katie and EVERYONE in our church family! Jason told me about the surprise in Sunday school (that was VERY nice and touching)and how Leland called him upfront to "talk"...now you know Jason's sermons go on & on...what was Leland thinking?? We miss our church family and CAN'T wait to bring Halle-Grace to Eastside where she will learn the MOST important thing there is to learn in this world! Thanks for all of the prayers. PRAY US HOME!
Shannon & Halle-Grace

Unknown said...

As a teacher, you know I LOVE seeing them 'reading'. :) Thanks for all the updates and pictures. I hope you all here something really soon. Halle-Grace sounds like she is going to follow in Kaitlyn's footsteps. Kaitlyn wore 3-6 months and 6-9 months clothes FOREVER. She is just now getting into 12 months clothes and she'll be 2 years old on October 13th! Don't worry about her being a peanut. Enjoy the fact that you get to buy inexpensive clothes for a lot longer than most moms do. Can't wait to get the girls together!

Sherry :)

granny said...

Shannon,
I just keep looking at the photos, and I just can't help but believe on that last one for this blog, that Halle-Grace is looking at camera, and saying, "Mama, I can not believe you are taking my picture now." It just looks like it ought to be a private moment.(Know what I mean)

Am excited about the twins, we're just gonna have to figure out a good place for all the Devine's to get together so all these kiddos will have room to play.

Blessings and love to you all
Granny

Shriver Family Blessings! said...

Shannon,

Halle-Grace is just so cute. I love checking out the pictures. Guess what??? I had the best suprise on Facebook as Suzanne sent me a friend request and thanked me for the DVD. That Hunter and Hannah are just the cutest things. Wanda has some precious Grandchildren!!! We are praying you get word this week and will be on an airplane soon!!!!